turquoise help to flush negative emotions from the mind, it is also said to support detoxification of the body. Because it aids tranquility and protection, turquoise is a great stone to accompany meditation.
IF A PERSON WEARING TURQUOISE HE WILL NEVER GET HURT FROM AN ACCIDENT.
- Academical and Professional Success
- Improves Financial and Social Status
- Beneficial in Lung and Liver Diseases
Turquoise – Firoza Price
The price of Turquoise can be decided on various factors.In the opinion of the gem experts, the weight of the stone and its overall quality can help a person to determine the value of the stone. Below is a comprehensive Turquoise price guide which will help you immensely in buying the perfect turquoise within your budget.
Note – Turquoise price in India starts from Rs 300 per carat ($5 approx.) and can go as high as Rs 1,200 per carat ($20 approx.) depending upon the size, origin and quality.
Buyer Alert – Gemstone Weights in India are often measured in Ratti (e.g. – Feroza price per ratti). This system can be used to dupe customers who are not familiar with the process of conversion. Please go through our guide to understand Gemstone Weights: Carats vs Ratti, and Don’t Get conned by Gemstone Prices in Ratti, instead of Carats!
- Origin – Persian Turquoise price per carat are the highest due to its intense blue color, historical significance and rarity. Being second most popular choice, American or Kingman turquoise value is comparatively less. Due to matrix pattern in Tibetan turquoise, the value and the astrological significance is reduced. Hence, Tibetan turquoise gemstones are comparatively cheaper and considered the best option for jewelry purposes.
- Color – The clean and consistent blue (sleeping beauty) Turquoise stone is regarded as the most sought-after and well-prized color variety. Generally, the deeper and more uniform is the blue color, higher is the Turquoise worth in the market. Yellowish or greyish-blue Turquoise is regarded as lower quality stones and thus priced at least.
- Clarity & Surface Texture – A clean, spotless or matrix-free Turquoise gemstone is rare to find and thus considered most valuable. They are often priced more than those consisting of spiderweb matrix and visible spots. The presence of undesirable spot marks, pits and scratches on the surface often reduce the Turquoise cost dramatically in the market.
- Shape – Rough, natural Turquoise is often customised in smooth, well-polished cabochons (gems with one-sided dome) to improve its natural beauty and overall value. Because of its high availability, the oval Turquoise gems are usually cheaper than the Turquoise in perfect pear or round shape.
- Carat weight – Weight plays an important role in determining the Turquoise gemstone price. Due to the scarcity of fine quality large pieces, Turquoise price per carat increases exponentially for bigger size stones (traded as Bracelet size stone) with consistent color and clarity.
The quality of a real Turquoise stone is analysed with the help of various factors such as origin, color, clarity, and shape to determine the best quality Turquoise gemstone.
- Origin – Turquoise can be found in Iran (Persia), Tibet, Mexico, Arizona, Egypt, Turkey and America etc. Persian Turquoise stone is a highly demanded variety due to its magnificent blue hue, high clarity and waxy to matt shine. According to the gemstone experts, American turquoise and Kingman turquoise are the next sought-after variety. Tibetan turquoise and Chinese Turquoise generally have spider web pattern on the surface (visible matrix) and are therefore used primarily for making fashion jewellery.
- Color – The colour of the Turquoise gemstone varies from light sky blue to deep blue and bluish green etc. According to the experts, the vivid blue (generally found in Sleeping beauty mine, Arizona) or the evenly saturated medium blue turquoise (traded as Persian blue) are considered most demanded shades. Some off-shade turquoise gemstones are also available in the market such as Green Turquoise , Purple Turquoise and White turquoise stone etc.
- Clarity & Surface Texture – The natural Turquoise stones are nearly opaque with little or significantly visible matrix and spots. Clean, inclusion free Turquoise is rare to find and very valuable.These kind of Turquoise gemstones are the most preferred for astrological purposes. Turquoise from Tibetan region often contains black, grey or brown veins of the matrix that create patterns on its surface. Spiderweb Turquoise is more common and relatively less valuable.
- Shape – Turquoise is considerably strong gemstone (Turquoise hardness – 5 to 6 on the Mohs scale) and is therefore found in many shapes. The most common are oval cabochons (polished gems with one-sided dome) whereas drop shape, marquise and round Turquoise are relatively hard to find. Ideally, a well-polished Turquoise in symmetrical shape is the most sought-after.
Who should wear Turquoise?
According to astrology, a natural Turquoise stone (meaning Firoza stone in Hindi) is associated with the planet ‘Jupiter’. It is believed that Firoza gemstone gives strength to weakened Jupiter in the wearer’s horoscope and blesses them with financial success, wisdom and good health. Being a mild gemstone, Turquoise brings no negative effect on the wearer’s life. Hence, it can be worn by anyone after a little consultation. Indian astrology prescribes Firoza for Dhanu (Sagittarius) rashi.
- Western astrology recommends Turquoise birthstone for Sagittarius sign.
- Can also be worn by Aries, Cancer, Leo and Scorpio.
Which Firoza variety should I wear to gain maximum astrological benefits?
In Vedic Astrology, Turquoise or Firoza is a gemstone for those who are born under the zodiac sign of Saggitarius or the Dhanu Rashi . Occasionally it is recommended by the astrologers as a substitute for Yellow Sapphire. It is one of those gemstones which has no side-effects and can be safely worn by any body.
For Astrological purposes, a clean, vivid blue or slight bluish-green Turquoise is strongly suggested with minimum visible flaws and good clarity. Persian stones mostly have good color and minimum visible veins or spots. Hence, it can be an ideal choice for people seeking a natural Feroza stone for gaining maximum positive results in life.
At GemAstro, one can easily find a huge catalogue of 100% natural, untreated Persian turquoise for sale at best prices.
Which metal should I wear with Turquoise?
It is recommended that one wears Turquoise stone in silver metal to gain best astrological results. However, one can also wear this gemstone in gold or platinum, depending upon the personal choice and budget. AtGemAstro, we have a vast collection of loose Turquoise stone which can be customized for you in beautiful rings, pendants and bracelets.
How much Turquoise carat weight is ideal for Astrological purposes?
According to our experienced astrologers, the ideal carat weight of Turquoise (for rings) should be 1/10th of the wearer’s body weight (in kgs). However, if a person is willing to customize the Turquoise in a bracelet, it is recommended to choose a bigger size stone (above 20 carats) such that the Turquoise stone touches the skin properly.