Blue Sapphire, popularly known as Neelam, is the gemstone of the planet Saturn(shani) and is considered as the strongest and effective gemstone. It is believed that the Blue Sapphire gemstone is highly effective for people facing problems in business, career, health and marriage.
The Blue Sapphire gemstone is strongly recommended for people undergoing 'shani sadhe saati' or 'dhaiya'.
It is mainly used to ward off any financial, psychological or professional obstacles arising during the Shani-sadhesati or dhaiya phase.
- Speedy success in business and jobs
- Boosting Fortunes
- Brings Fame & Popularity
- Inculcates Discipline, Patience and Detachment
- Strengthens bones and mind
Blue Sapphire Prices
Because of its strong and powerful astrological effects, the Blue Sapphire gemstone costs anywhere between ₹ 2,500 and ₹ 2,00,000 plus per carat ($40 to $3080).
The value of this gemstone can be estimated by its sheer popularity and rarity as a jewellery gemstone.
- Origin – Sapphires from Kashmir are considered better due to their magnificent blue color and velvety texture and can cost anywhere between per carat can cost anywhere between ₹ 50,000 and ₹ 5,00,000 plus ($750 to $7690).
– Ceylon Blue Sapphire on the other hand may vary in cost ranging between ₹ 2000 and ₹ 32,000 plus ($30 to $490)
– The Sapphires of the Thailand origin are priced way cheaper than the above two.
- Color – If you are looking to buy an authentic gemstone, color is one of the most important criteria to look for. In the case of Blue sapphire, ‘True Blue’ or Royal Blue is the most advisable color. Apart from the authentic blue color, tone, saturation and color consistency considerably affect the gross value of the gemstone. A bright, clarified and intensely saturated stone is valued more than its dark blue and gray counterparts.
- Clarity – Like any other gemstone, finding an absolutely clean blue sapphire stone is not easy as almost every pure blue sapphire will indefinitely contain inclusions. However, the cost of the blue sapphire may vary according to the position, intensity and the nature of inclusions.
- Carat Weight – It is very difficult to find a blue sapphire gemstone that is purely authentic with practically no inclusions. Finding clarity and color in the same gemstone is quite unrealistic. Therefore, it is pretty foreseeable to believe that the price of such a gemstone could cost in millions.
- Cut & Shape – A bright blue sapphire gemstone is comparatively priced higher due to its fine cutting. A flawless cut can ensure less visible inclusions without compromising on the quality of the stone. Generally, oval or round shaped blue sapphire stones are priced cheaper than other customised shapes of the gemstone as the process of cutting can lead to wastage of the gemstone.
- Treatment – The process of heating is used to strengthen the color and tone of the gemstone. Natural gemstones without have undergone this process are considered more valuable than heated or chemically altered gemstones.
Who should wear Blue Sapphire?
Since the planet Saturn is known as the lord of karma, the Blue sapphire is suggested for people going through hardships due to Saturn in their lives mainly during sadhe-sati or dhaiya. The Blue sapphire gemstone is very powerful and its effects can be seen immediately, therefore, it is suggested to wear it only after consulting an astrologer.
- According to Indian astrology, signs like Capricorn and Aquarius are suitable for wearing Blue sapphire.
- Blue sapphire gemstone can also be worn by Gemini, Virgo and Taurus.
How to wear Blue Sapphire Stone?
Weight – the weight in karat of the blue sapphire gemstone should be at least 1/12th of the wearer’s body weight
Color – bright medium to dark blue for best results
Metal – Silver
Finger – Middle finger of the working hand.
Day and Time – Saturday or shanivar between 5-7 am.
Mantra to be chanted – Om Sham Shanicharaya Namah , ऊँ शं शनैश्चराय नमः। (108 times)