Blue Sapphire Benefits
According to Vedic Astrology Blue Sapphire represents the planet Saturn [ Shani ].
Blue sapphire, the stone of the planet Saturn is also popularly known as Neelam, Neela Pukhraj, Indraneelam, Neelamani etc. especially in the eastern countries. Neelam or Blue sapphire is the most effective and fastest working gemstone. The effects can be seen very fast in some people.
It is mainly used to ward off any financial, psychological or professional obstacles arising during the Shani-sadhesati or dhaiya phase.
Speedy success in business and jobs – Saturn is known to Saturn is known to reimburse the individual with just benefits. It is especially beneficial for businessmen or professionals facing any kind of hurdles in their fields. Wearing the Blue sapphire can be a real game changer.
Boosting Fortunes – Blue sapphire is quite popularly known for turning around veering fortunes. One of the most rewarding benefits of blue sapphire is the instant reversal of sliding fortunes. Neelam gives power to your weak Saturn and showers a person with immense opportunities to alter their destinies.
Brings Fame & Popularity – Whether it is politics or a creative field, wearing Blue sapphire can bring a person immense fame and popularity by making his skills and diligence acknowledged by the people around him. This is the reason you will find a number of politicians and Bollywood stars waring this stone.
Inculcates Discipline, Patience and Detachment – A gemstone does not simply do miracles, however, it makes positive changes in a person’s behaviour such that the person himself becomes capable of altering his destiny. Saturn is known to reinstate discipline in one’s lifestyle by giving greater focus and determination and hence making one successful. A person wearing the Blue sapphire can be known for his work ethics and commitment.
Strengthens bones and mind – The Blue sapphire has the power to cure joint pains, osteoporosis, arthritis and many bone related problems. It makes people calmer, hence, reducing anxiety and depression.
Blue Sapphire Prices
Because of its strong and powerful astrological effects, the Blue Sapphire gemstone costs anywhere between ₹ 2,500 and ₹ 2,00,000 plus per carat ($40 to $3080).
The value of this gemstone can be estimated by its sheer popularity and rarity as a jewellery gemstone.
- Origin - Sapphires from Kashmir are considered better due to their magnificent blue color and velvety texture and can cost anywhere between per carat can cost anywhere between ₹ 50,000 and ₹ 5,00,000 plus ($750 to $7690).
- Ceylon Blue Sapphire on the other hand may vary in cost ranging between ₹ 2000 and ₹ 32,000 plus ($30 to $490)
- The Sapphires of the Thailand origin are priced way cheaper than the above two.
- Color – If you are looking to buy an authentic gemstone, color is one of the most important criteria to look for. In the case of Blue sapphire, ‘True Blue’ or Royal Blue is the most advisable color. Apart from the authentic blue color, tone, saturation and color consistency considerably affect the gross value of the gemstone. A bright, clarified and intensely saturated stone is valued more than its dark blue and gray counterparts.
- Clarity – Like any other gemstone, finding an absolutely clean blue sapphire stone is not easy as almost every pure blue sapphire will indefinitely contain inclusions. However, the cost of the blue sapphire may vary according to the position, intensity and the nature of inclusions.
- Carat Weight – It is very difficult to find a blue sapphire gemstone that is purely authentic with practically no inclusions. Finding clarity and color in the same gemstone is quite unrealistic. Therefore, it is pretty foreseeable to believe that the price of such a gemstone could cost in millions.
- Cut & Shape – A bright blue sapphire gemstone is comparatively priced higher due to its fine cutting. A flawless cut can ensure less visible inclusions without compromising on the quality of the stone. Generally, oval or round shaped blue sapphire stones are priced cheaper than other customised shapes of the gemstone as the process of cutting can lead to wastage of the gemstone.
- Treatment – The process of heating is used to strengthen the color and tone of the gemstone. Natural gemstones without have undergone this process are considered more valuable than heated or chemically altered gemstones.
Who should wear Blue Sapphire?
Since the planet Saturn is known as the lord of karma, the Blue sapphire is suggested for people going through hardships due to Saturn in their lives mainly during sadhe-sati or dhaiya. The Blue sapphire gemstone is very powerful and its effects can be seen immediately, therefore, it is suggested to wear it only after consulting an astrologer.
- According to Indian astrology, signs like Capricorn and Aquarius are suitable for wearing Blue sapphire.
- Blue sapphire gemstone can also be worn by Gemini, Virgo and Taurus.
How to wear Blue Sapphire Stone?
Weight - the weight in karat of the blue sapphire gemstone should be at least 1/12th of the wearer’s body weight
Color - bright medium to dark blue for best results
Metal – Silver
Finger – Middle finger of the working hand.
Day and Time – Saturday or shanivar between 5-7 am.
Mantra to be chanted - Om Sham Shanicharaya Namah , ऊँ शं शनैश्चराय नमः। (108 times)
Should I wear Blue sapphire?
The Blue sapphire gemstone is the strongest and most powerful gemstone which can give instant results, and therefore, it is always suggested to wear it after a thorough consultation with an expert astrologer. To state otherwise, being a powerful gemstone, Blue Sapphire may not be suitable for everyone and may unfavourably affect the person wearing it if worn without a proper astrological consultation. We, therefore, vehemently recommend our clients to go for a thorough examination before wearing it. At GemAstro, we have a team of expert astrologers to help you out with this process.
Is it safe to put the Blue sapphire gemstone in the pocket for astrological benefits?
It is generally recommended to wear a gemstone rather than keeping it somewhere else as according to vedic astrology, in order to reap the benefits of a gemstone, it should be worn in such a way that it touches the skin of the wearer. To receive the best out of the Blue sapphire gemstone, it is to be worn in a silver ring or a pendant as per your liking. One can also keep this gemstone under the pillow while sleeping as it can work better on an unconscious mind and leads to instant results.
Can blue sapphire and diamond be worn together?
To put it simply, yes, blue sapphire can also be worn with diamond as it is the gemstone of the planet Venus and according to astrology, the two planets, Saturn and Venus share an amiable relationship. Likewise, the blue sapphire gemstone can also be worn with the emerald gemstone. Moreover, a blue sapphire gemstone when worn with diamond brings favourable results. But, we do recommend to always consult an expert astrologer before wearing any of the above as the results may vary from person to person.
What is the price range for the Blue Sapphire gemstone?
Depending on the color, cut, clarity, carat weight and origin of the Blue Sapphire gemstone, the price range can vary anywhere from 100 Rs. per carat/ 900 Rs. per ratti and goes up to 50000 Rs. per carat/ 45000 Rs. per ratti or more.
Which blue sapphire gemstone is better? Sri Lankan, Burmese or Kashmiri?
Depending on your budget, you can choose between any of the three. Sri Lankan sapphires are generally priced lower than the other two and cost anywhere between 10000 to 30000 Rs. per carat. However, if you can afford, it is always better to go for Burmese or Kashmiri Blue sapphires because of their quality and rarity.